When we imagine a woman’s pregnancy, we always think of her resting with a baby bump. Yes, pregnancy looks a lot like that but relaxing is not what it is all about. Pregnancy starts at the moment you and your partner conceive. A lot of work needs to be done before and after you receive the big news. So before a to-be mom is allowed to rest, she is expected to plan and practice a lot of prenatal exercises along with other lifestyle changes.
Prenatal exercises are like a cherry on top of the cake. Not only do you get a better and healthy body, but your baby-to-be also gets prepared for arrival. Pregnancy exercise for normal delivery is a very popular trend. A large number of women wish to birth normally and exercises can help increases these chances. As a woman progresses in her pregnancy, she faces various new forms of aches and discomfort. Exercise during pregnancy can help soothe such pain.
This article focuses on some of the best prenatal exercises that one should do for a successful pregnancy. Read on.
What Are The Benefits Of Prenatal Exercises?
It is no breaking news that exercise is good for overall health. Routine exercise is great for everyone at any given time. However, some exercises have more benefits than others. For instance, prenatal exercises are not merely good for the mother but also for the baby.
Pregnancy exercise for normal delivery results in a healthful mother-child and no complications. There are numerous other benefits of exercise during pregnancy. These include:
- Better blood circulation – Exercise during pregnancy can help boost the flow of blood in the body. As the circulation of blood increases, the heart rate becomes steadier.
- Loose muscles – Exercise for pregnant women helps in the loosening of tight muscles. Corresponding to that, backaches are relieved.
- Healthy body weight – During pregnancy, your partner and/or family would pamper you with healthy treats. You need all the extra nutrients but none of the extra weight. Prenatal exercises help in maintaining healthy body weight.
- Uplifts mood – Pregnancy includes a lot of hormones that sometimes result in lots of mood swings. Exercise helps in getting into a better mood.
- Relieve aches -It is a given benefit of prenatal exercises. Various kinds of aches, fatigue, swelling are cured by exercising.
Types of Prenatal Exercises
A routine set of pregnancy exercises for normal delivery can get fruitful results.
There are various choices to pick from. You can build a fun workout routine with different kinds of exercises.
Some of the best exercise during pregnancy are:
Light swimming is the top choice we can suggest. Water exercises are low-impact and helpful for joints. Besides swimming, you can also choose to do water aerobics. The only thing to be wary of is the water’s temperature. It should be mild, not too hot or cold.
Yoga is a comforting mixture of meditation, relaxation, and exercise for pregnant women. It is among the best exercises to promote breathing. Prenatal yoga is extremely safe. It is a brilliant pregnancy exercise for normal delivery.
Prenatal exercises are different from regular exercises. Aerobics is another fun workout one can do. You should not aim to do high-impact aerobics, keep it low or moderate. You can join some classes for prenatal aerobics classes.
If you did not have a lifestyle where exercising was prime, do not suddenly push yourself. Pregnancy should be treated sensitively. Start with walking if you are not used to doing exercises.
Cycling indoors is a safe exercise. Working out on a cycle indoors reduces the risk of falling. Cycling is great for boosting heart rate.
If you cannot afford to go to a class or gym, you can still workout. You can benefit from pregnancy exercise for normal delivery from the comfort of your home. Just put on your favorite music and start moving. Dancing is a great alternative to aerobics. Ensure to not practice any difficult stunts.
7. Weight lifting
Weight training is not only for bodybuilders. It is also a great pregnancy exercise for normal delivery. Do not do any heavy weight lifting because it could cause injury. Lightweights should be chosen and lift under the watch of a trainer.
The strength of your belly and back would highly increase if you do pilates. This exercise for pregnant women also helps in building the strength of kegel muscles and promotes normal delivery.
9. Outdoor exercises
You can always make your workout even more fun. If you are bored with regular exercise during pregnancy, you can ride a bike or go hiking or do an outdoor activity with your partner, safely.
Still have some doubts? Read here: Is it safe to exercise during pregnancy?
Few Tips for Prenatal Exercises
You know that pregnancy exercise for normal delivery is a must. But that does not mean that exercises should be boring. Here are some tips and tricks to make your workout better:
- Do something fun – We have given you a wide variety of prenatal exercises. You can opt for something that you enjoy. When you have fun while exercising, the results are even better.
- Do it in a group – Exercising in solitude may not be very desirable every day. Join a class or do a group exercise at home to keep it interesting.
- Progress gradually – Do not start with a heavy workout immediately. Start with light and slow exercise during pregnancy and progress eventually.
Prenatal exercises are part of the compulsory lifestyle change that you must make. Apply the tips that we presented above to make exercising happier and easier.
For timely information on prenatal health, Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Feel free to join our Facebook community of beautiful & supportive moms where everyone shares their amazing experiences.